VA New England Healthcare System
About the VA New England Healthcare System
The VA New England Healthcare System is one of 21 Veterans Integrated Service Networks (VISNs) within the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Services are provided through primary care supported by eight Joint Commission accredited medical centers. We are located throughout the six New England states - Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. VISN 1 has over 35 Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs), six nursing homes and two domiciliaries.
Honor America's veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient-centered and evidence-based. This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement. It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the Nation's well-being through education, research and service in national emergencies.
Core Values - "I CARE"
Integrity - Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
Commitment - Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
Advocacy - Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
Respect - Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
Excellence - Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Brown Medical School
- Dartmouth Medical School
- Harvard Medical School
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- University of Massachusetts School of Medicine
- University of New England School of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Vermont School of Medicine
- Yale University School of Medicine
National Accreditation Organizations
- The Joint Commission
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- American Psychological Association
- American Dental Association for Advanced Dental Education
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP)
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)